Sunday 14 April 2013

Only wilderness may tame me...

Good evening my puddin' pies, this is my final blog entry for this series. I do so hope you enjoy it. Though it appears to be a one panel depressing comic, I assure you it is not. All stories connected to these posts can and will be found on my parent blog; http://panduhgrafix.wordpress.com/about/  I know. Creative, right? On to the show!


Part 1


IMAG1104
1. Thumbnails. For this single word of inspiration, I had a difficult time thinking of one thing that would illustrate 'Wild'. I didn't want to repeat others who thought the 'wild' was filled with JUST animals and people going out to parties. There is a softer side to the wild and I tried to implicate that with a solo polar bear. Mono-bear. Uni. Un. Just one bear. 

IMAG1099
2. Draft sketching was the easiest and most fun out of all of these posts. Rather simple, right? Wrong. I love anatomy and study it of humans and animals. Getting an angle perfect enough to bring across the point that this bear isn't wandering, he's searching and wondering was hard, but done. 

IMAG1100

3. Outlining and a hint of colour was bringing my bear to life in my eyes. If you've watched nature shows or even scoped google for images, you'd see that a polar bear when in an adult form isn't pure white.

IMAG1101

4. More colour was added. A yellow hue to with a hint of brown on the under belly helped to round out this creature without having to add greys. It wasn't enough though.

IMAG1102

5. Going back over a few of the lines that would be darker on the bear gave the impression of shadows. I contoured wherever I thought would be shadowed if light were to come from the upper left [corner].


Final


IMAG1103

Too much blue? Not to me. The blue is to signify the cold and loneliness this polar bear feels as he treks through the blizzard conditions of the Frigid North. The wild is filled with more than just animals, people, and nature. It's sometimes filled with loneliness.


Though this was my last post. It will only be my last for a short while. I will post in bursts, my works and my stories. The inspiration for all things Panduh. The results for all things me. I've let you all in on my process and thoughts and do hope you like what you've seen. 

Farewell for now, my friends. Until I return. Thank you for reading.

~Panduh 

2 comments:

  1. Uhhhh I love how you draw bears :D <3333
    & also.. mr peanut is awesomeO_O!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I love drawing animals, always have, always will! :3

      Delete